Diabetes Management Registration 2021 Webinar 3
Simplifying Insulin Regimens
When, Why, and How to Initiate and Intensify Insulin in Type 2 Diabetes
Wednesday October 20th 2021, at 12:00 – 13:00 EST | 17:00 – 18:00 BST | 9:00 – 10:00 PDT
- David Strain, MBChB MD FRCP (moderator)
- Roopa Mehta, MBBS, MRCP
- Dipesh Patel, BSc, MBBS PhD, MRCP
- Rene Wong, MD, FRCPC, MEd
The third and final webinar in the Diabetes Management series is designed to address key clinical issues regarding insulin administration in type 2 diabetes.
With insulin initiation being a major area for clinical inertia, this webinar will focus on challenges and barriers to insulin initiation and provide guidance on when insulin should be considered and the regimens to use for patients. This will review key considerations for these patients from a holistic approach to diabetes management.
- Review the role of insulin in the management of type 2 diabetes
- Determine which patients are candidate for the use of basal insulin
- Mitigate patient and clinician barriers to using insulin in type 2 diabetes
- Prescribe and intensify an insulin regimen for patients with type 2 diabetes
The Diabetes Management series has been developed in collaboration with the following partners: