Diabetes Management Registration 2021 Webinar 2
Thank you for your interest in attending Advancement of Antihyperglycemic Therapy. Unfortunately, registration for this webinar has now closed.
If you would like to receive the webinar recording along with information about upcoming webinars in this series, please complete the form.
Advancement of Antihyperglycemic Therapy
The Management of Type 2 Diabetes is Evolving with New Data
Monday September 20th 2021, at 12:00 – 13:00 EST | 17:00 – 18:00 BST | 9:00 – 10:00 PDT
- Peter Lin, MD, CCFP (Moderator)
- David Strain, MD, FRCP, MBChB
- Dipesh Patel, PhD, FRCP
- Dirk Pilat, FRCGP, PgDipGP, BSc, MA
- Kim Connelly, MBBS PhD FSCMR FCCS
- Rene Wong, MD, FRCPC, MEd
- Roopa Mehta, MBBS, MRCP
The second webinar in the Diabetes Management series focuses on the intensification of therapy in patients with type 2 diabetes.
With the continual increase in new data from cardiovascular, renal and heart failure outcome trials, this webinar will focus on the key considerations in intensification of therapy. Multiple cases are introduced where the role of the endocrinologist, cardiologist, and primary care physician are reviewed. The focus will be on demonstrating the importance of collaboration between all physician groups involved in diabetes care.
- Discuss the frequency and factors associated with therapeutic inertia in type 2 diabetes
- Review the evolving management of type 2 diabetes beyond simply glycemic control but a reduction in both micro and macrovascular complications
- Review what may be triggers for treatment escalation
- HbA1c rising
- Progression of microvascular disease
- Atherosclerotic event
- New diagnosis of heart failure or CKD
Save the Date | Upcoming Webinar
Simplifying Insulin Regimens:
When, Why, and How to Initiate and Intensify Insulin in Type 2 Diabetes
Date: October 20, 2021
Time: 12:00 – 13:00 EST | 17:00 – 18:00 BST | 9:00 – 10:00 PDT
The Diabetes Management series has been developed in collaboration with the following partners: