Treatment breaks in osteoporosis – what pharmacists need to know. Clinical Brief Series - Certificate of Completion
This is a 4-part Clinical Brief series that has been accredited with APC. Participants must read all 4 issues and then complete the questions on Issue 4 to claim Group 2 CPD Credits. This activity has been accredited for 1 hour of Group 1 CPD (or 1 CPD credit) suitable for inclusion in an individual pharmacist’s CPD plan, which can be converted to 1 hour of Group 2 CPD (2 CPD credits) upon successful completion of relevant assessment activities.
This interactive online learning activity is valued at 1 Hour(s) of continuing education.
BPharm, PGDip Clin Pharm, PG Cert Clin Mgmt Pain,
PG Cert Mgmt, Brisbane,
Pharmacist, Brisbane, QLD
On completion of this program, participants will be better able to:
- Discuss the pharmacological treatment options used in the management of osteoporosis
- Recall the different mechanisms of action and duration of effect of osteoporosis pharmacotherapies
- Describe the issues associated with discontinuing osteoporosis pharmacotherapy
- Recall the prescribing rationale for enteric coated once weekly risedronate
- Counsel patients on the safety and efficacy of long-term osteoporosis pharmacotherapy