This program reviews manual handling in the workplace. It is designed for workers in an industrial setting.Did you know that almost 3 out of 4 North Americans whose job includes manual handling suffer pain due to back injury at some time in their career?Every year, thousands of Canadian workers are permanently disabled by back injuries.
Estimated 1.5 Hour(s) of interactive online continuing education.
Julie Spence (B.Sc.Kin., COHS)
Mike Wahl (B.Sc.Kin., M.ScKin., Ph.D (c))
Upon successfully completing this program, you will be better able to:
- Explain why proper manual handling is important in your workplace
- Identify the different types of injury including back injuries
- Review the forms of manual handling
- Incorporate proper manual handling techniques to prevent injury
- Review all the factors related to manual handling in the workplace (hydration, nutrition, weight training and procedures, etc.,)