Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) is a heterogeneous disorder for which treatment must be individualized according to the patient.This educational program discusses COPD treatment options and treatment selection as per patient needs.
This Self-Learning program has been certified by the College of Family Physicians of Canada for up to 1.0 Mainpro+ Credit(s). Cert+ Program ID#: 190513.
- Alan Kaplan, MD CCFP(EM) FCFP
- Pearce Wilcox, MD FRCPC
- Shahid Ali Syed, MD, MCFP
- Kenneth Bayly, B.Sc., MD
On completion of this program, participants should be able to apply a personalized approach to the management of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) by:
- Determining care priorities for patients with COPD
- Recognizing the roles of non-pharmacological and pharmacological therapies in the management of COPD
- Selecting inhaled therapies and delivery devices as appropriate for individual patients with COPD