Chronic Kidney Disease in Diabetes and Integration of Diabetes Care and Management – Expert Video Series
The program will consist of two “Ask the Expert Videos” focusing on chronic kidney disease in individuals with diabetes. The first “Ask the Expert Video” will introduce the chronic kidney disease as a complication of diabetes and the importance of prevention and management. The second video will focus on a treatment algorithm designed to assist pharmacists in monitoring and managing chronic kidney disease in patients with diabetes.
This program has received an educational grant or in-kind support from Janssen Canada Inc.
This continuing education lesson is designed primarily for pharmacists and has been accredited by the Canadian Council on Continuing Education in Pharmacy (CCCEP) for 0.5 CEU(s). Each of two “Ask the Expert Videos” will grant 0.25 CEU(s).
Louis Girard, MD, MBT, FRCPC, Nephrologist
Parveen Gill, BScPharm, CDE, CAE, CTH, APA
Rick Siemens, BScPharm., B.Sc. Biol., CDE,CPT
Anita Brown, BScPharm., CDE
On completion of this program, participants will be able to:
- Recognize the types of chronic kidney disease that affect patients with diabetes.
- Determine the risk factors for chronic kidney disease and how to reduce the risk of development and progression of chronic kidney disease in patients with diabetes.
- Recognize the importance of screening for chronic kidney disease and addressing it as part of a diabetes management plan.
- Recognize the importance of renal assessment in patients with diabetes.
- Discuss the benefits of using a standardized approach to renal assessment in pharmacy practice.
- Recognize the key pharmacotherapies that can help slow the progression of chronic kidney disease in diabetes.