CanMEDS: Better Practice, Better Outcomes
The CanMEDS Framework was developed by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada to provide key strategies for healthcare professionals to increase efficiencies in their practice, improve communication with patients and colleagues, and demonstrate stronger leadership.
These key concepts are grouped thematically under seven roles: Communicator, Collaborator, Leader, Health Advocate, Scholar, Professional and Medical Expert.
This activity is an Accredited Self-Assessment Program (Section 3) as defined by the Maintenance of Certification Program of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada and approved by the Royal College CPD Unit. You may claim a maximum of 1 hour (credits are automatically calculated).
- Linda Snell, MD, MHPE, FRCPC, MACP
- Esam Albanyan, MBBS, FAAP
- Jason R. Frank, MD, MA (Ed.), FRCPC
- Cynthia Abbott
- April Murphy
After successful completion of the program, you will be able to:
- Use the CanMEDS Framework to improve your practice and your patient outcomes.
- Identify areas for your continuing professional development using the CanMEDS Framework.